[St] chain gremlin

Hi all,

two things: first a mate just bought a red 07 ST with ABS and high rise
bars. bike came with the panniers etc.

What a sweet bike, I'm totally sold on the thing, but I'll lose a bundle on
my Daytona if I try unloading it now. Thanks to the sub prime and oil crises
the economy here has gone off the boil, and everyone is unloading their
toys.

Secondly, my chain is driving me nutty.

I've looked after the chain carefully, made sure it stays clean, waxed and
set right. Now, with 18 00 kms on it it has developed tight spots, and the
chain is either too lose or too tight depending on where you check it. If I
set the chain for the tight spots it gets so lose in the loose spots that it
makes the gear shift snatchy.

I've set it a touch tight in the tight spots to try find a compromise.

The chain looks good, doesn't make any noise yet, and you cant pull it off
the back of the rear sprocket.

Are the chain and sprockets on their way out? Seems low mileage for dead
chain and sprockets.

thanks

Marc
Cape Town