Re: [St] Insurance and Break In

Lisa,

I believe the Triumphs are still using run in oil for the first 600 miles.
That's how it was with the '99s anyhow.  Then they recommend going to the
Mobil 4T synthetic.

On the break in, I believe the best thing to do is vary your speed a bit
during the break in.  Run at 70 for awhile, then 80, then 65 if you can get
on a two lane.  I also think having three good heat cycles during the first
600 or so miles helps tremendously on the break in.   If you can stop three
hours down the road for at least an hour, if not two to let the bikes cool
down, you will have one heat cycle.   From PJ's back to your Sister's is
about 20 miles, then you get to go back that 20 miles before you get out of
town, so I wouldn't worry about the first 50 miles (that's another heat
cycle).

I really wouldn't worry about it more than that.  Change the oil as soon as
you can once home.

Dan Wallander
Rio Rancho, NM  87124