[St] Oldtimer's Sprints

On May 7, 2008, at 6:42 AM, Lisa & Richard White wrote:

It was the first part of March 1999 that I acquired my first Sprint ST.

That got me to wondering how many original owners of '99s there are still on the list. I was going to check the registry but I guess that's no longer on the web site.

I test rode one in February 1999, and immediately placed an order for the first red one to arrive. Two days before it's arrival, I was laid off because the company I was working for went out of business. In a panic, I cancelled the order. Then after the dust settled I realized it was an opportunity rather than a layoff and replaced my order. Unfortunately, my bike had already been delivered to second in line. But I did get the second red one, delivered in early April.

Anyone out there still have one earlier than that?

I know I can't boast about owning the highest mileage '99 (I might have to admit to owning the lowest mileage one), but maybe I can boast I own one of the oldest?

I fully expect that some time next year, the Sprint will become the bike that I've owned the longest, beating out my '83 Vision.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/ motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned