Re: [St] 675 pulling a gap on suzuki and kawasaki (northwest 200)

Hi all,
    For anyone who is interested, we have just had the first practice session of the world famous NW 200 ( WWW.northwest200.org ) It was a great evening with very few incidents and everyone got past my station at Mathers cross fast and safe. So I had nothing to do but stand back and enjoy the action.  There are a few trumpers entered in the 600cc Supersport race but unfortunately they didn't do too well against the Japs and so far none of them have qualified for the race.

    For the 'stat. heads' the lap record in this class for the 8.999 mile (English standard not Irish Country)  course is 118.407mph held by Kiwi Bruce Ansty. Last night the fastest qualifing lap was Keith Amour on a Honda lap time 4:3811  lap speed 116.097mph. While the fastest Triumph 675 was Tim Poole 4:5840 or 108.167mph The next qualifing session is Thursday 15th, roads close at 5.00pm GMT. and it is possible to watch the action live on line at www.bbc.co.uk/nw200

    In case you haven't heard of this race, the NW200 is real balls to the wall road racing, between the hedges and the walls on real roads. Official speeds of over 200mph have been clocked (Michael Rutter)  It's just like the Isle of Mann TT except here it's a grid start and instead of racing the clock, these guys race each other nose to tail and side by side.