Re: [St] [ST]alternator troubles: follow up

This is a little update about my alternator problem in case someone interested.
I checked yesterday night the regulator rectifier following the procedure:

http://www.thegsresources.com/garage/gs_statorfault.htm

It seems ok. I am surprised about the fact that all diodes can be checked this way.
Between 0.6 and 0.7 Volts each.

I disconnected the stators coils from each other but didn't unwire them yet. One is shorted
to the core and the varnish is partially gone. The wire diameter is 1 mm (copper only).
I may try to rewire w/ 1.2mm but I wonder if it's such a good idea.

I don't understand why only one coil was shot. But that explains why w/ only one headlamp
bulb I was able to get back. 2/3 of the power or less.

I inquired about the stator and regulator prices:
stator: 443 euros
RR: 338 euros

outch! No wonder the rewiring is the way to go.

This link describes exactly what I will do:

http://thegsresources.com/garage/gs_statorrewind.htm

Fred