[St] Thinking about tires II and poll

All the recent discussion about tires and the flurry of tire change activity at work (There are so many people buying new tires and wanting them changed that the shop is considering two additional Coates machines to meet the service demands) has triggered some deep thinking.
The huge love/hate relationships that we have with various brands has to have some environmental factors. Too many of us like tire A but hate tire B for the issue to be solely the riders.
Is it just the average weather conditions of an region that make it one manufactures tires work best, or is it the abrasiveness of the roads, Both?

So I thought that a poll of a few simple questions might sort some of this out. I'm going to limit this poll to out experiences with the tires on our sport touring bikes.
I'm going to enter the responses in a flat file database and see if there are sweet spots for particular brands or models of tires.

1. What city, State (or province) and country do you live in?
2. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the abrasiveness of the roads in your area?
3. What was the best tire (brand and model) you have had on the bike?
4. What characteristic made it the best (wear, traction, feedback, etc)?
5. What was the second best tire (brand and model) you have had on the bike?
6. What characteristic made it the 2nd best (wear, traction, feedback, etc)?
7. What was the worst tire (brand and model) that you have had on the bike?
8. What characteristic made it the worst (wear, traction, feedback, etc)?
9. If you had to buy new tires tomorrow, What brand and model tires would you buy?
10. If tire pricing was equalled, would you still choose this brand?
11. If the answer to question 10 was no, What tire brand and model would you really want to buy?

JohnS A Dragon Ascending "Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"