Re: [St] St Digest, Vol 38, alternator problems one more, thing.

The harness didn't suffer. Continuity is OK.
I rewound the faulty coil and will give it a try tonight. It will at least indicate
if the whole assembly still behave oddly. Whatever the result I think I will order the 2 parts.

Fred

I forgot to mention, of the stator is burned THE REG/RECT is also bad or weakened ALWAYS change BOTH items.
Also when you have the reg and stator out check the continuity of the 3 wires in the harness with an ohmmeter, there must not be any continuity between >them . (mine were burned up, and i had to redo that harness) it's in the main bundle and can be removed. Or you can make a replacement bundle (use at >least 16Ga wire.