From: steve scilley <steve.scilley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 7:05 pm
Subject: [St] Crash protectors

Hi all,
Thought I'd share a little experience regarding the R&G crash protectors I'd
fitted to my Sprint.
After a low speed bump on Wed.(the man in the van admitted liability)  I threw
my bike up the road. the crash protector did more damage than it saved.
To fit it, you remove the top torx bolt from the engine mounting, fit the bolt
from the back, throw away the nut and, and the crash 'enhancer' is fitted to the
end of the bolt in place of the nut. Clear so far?
The damn thing bent the bolt which in turn cracked the mounting bracket and now
I have to drop the engine out to get the bracket welded. Oh! and the fairing's
bolloxed anyway! so it didn't help at all.
I had to suffer the indignity of going to the NW200 on my wife's Bandit!!
If you've got them fitted my advice is to throw them away.
Steve