Re: [St] Extra Fuel - semi-off topic response

I don't think he stands a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Gurny/Yates time and odds are neither do any of the autos in the "competition". If you want some real insight into the world of high-speed endurance racing I'd suggest having a read of - http://www.amazon.com/Driver-Dangerous-Pursuit-Outlaw-Racing/dp/0061227935
- it's highly entertaining (at least was to me) and doesn't pussyfoot around just how dangerous and unlikely simply completing the trip is, not to mention trying to break any records.

For a less in-depth look here's an article from Wired Magazine:

http://www.wired.com/cars/coolwheels/magazine/15-11/ff_cannonballrun?currentPage=all

To put it into perspective for those not wanting to read either the link or the book, to make the cross country run in sub 36hrs you have to average, repeat AVERAGE 79mph.

I wish him the best of luck,

Nate
00SprintRS

Third, David wrote:
Have been reading about this guy who had fuel tanks fitted inside panniers
built by a company in Oregon...
http://www.motobikeblog.com/2008/05/02/cannonball-run-on-a-ducati-1098s/