Re: [St] Extra Fuel

I do not see the great advantage of adding the fuel
cell just so you can go to the gas station every other
day.  A 5 gallon aluminum fuel cell from Summit Racing
with a gavity feed can be added for about $150.  I
mounted one to my BMW GS via bracket supports
replacing the pillion seat.  I added mine for the long
distance riding and there are some places/times of day
that I ride that you need longer range between open
stations.  I would not put it on the luggage rack as
it puts the weight higher and also behind the rear
tire.  A tail dragger tank puts it behind the rear
tire but low.  However, any custom tank like a tail
dragger, pannier insert, etc. will be very expensive.

Another poster suggested carrying an extra gallon.  If
you're going to do this I would get four of the 33 oz.
MSR fuel cannisters (one piece aluminum), for $15
each, or the like, and then put them in a pillion bag.

What would I do?  Just fill up with gas when I needed
too.  If the gas stations are at the exits, and even
with a stop light, you could be filled up and on the
road in less then 5 minutes.

Doug