To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [St] Extra Fuel

At 03:00 PM 5/23/2008, you wrote:

thanks for clarifying -- I thought you were worried about getting stuck with 'inferior' gas

...but I wouldn't go with regular grade gas either -- unleaded, 95 RON is what Triumph specifies (or U.S. 89 CLC/AKI, whatever that means)

Sorry I should have written mid-grade, since regular gas in this area can actually vary from 84 to 87 octane.
I often wonder if there is any value in the averaging method that the US uses to estimate the octane at the pump???

The rest of the world uses the RON only numbers and they seem to get by just fine.