Re: [St] Gas mileage, a new bike selling trend

I too saw lots of "expendible income toys" for sale this weekend on my ride (bikes and boats mostly). I think folks bought them using their homes as a means for for the down payments. Now with the home values and economy spiraling, people are jetisoning their toys.

  What does a HD get as far as mileage? Wouldnt it be more prudent to buy a used Geo Metro instead of a 18K bike?

Joel Ashman <ashmite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Yeah, but I saw tons of bikes for sale (all harleys) this weekend on a
ride. Me thinks people are trying to ditch anything of value to help offset
other costs, pay down bills, etc.

I read an article last week that Harley sales were down 12.8% first quarter
08 and were laying off 8% of their work force. Ouch.

Oh yeah, I saw my first Can-Am Spyder on Satuday's ride. It's really cool,
but I think the market needs a covered trike, or at least one like VW's.
45MPH and 1.25Gs on the skid pad! Can't wait for the VentureOne. That
looks cool too!

--Joel