Re: [St] The Dreaded "No Start" Syndrome

Bil,

I remembered enough from past list postings this morning that I tried moving the wires about and running the handlebars through the full range of motion. It didn't have any pronounced effect, but as is the case with most shorts, there's no way to cause predictable behavior till they fail entirely. I'm hoping it's obvious and easily repairable, I'm not itching to spend much money fixing it right now...

And just for the sake of saying it, yes, the wires are strapped in rather tight and at sharp angles on my RS.

Nate
00SprintRS

Bil Swartz wrote:
Nate et al.,

Does turning the bars one way or other make any difference in this "short" situation? Thinking it might help test if in fact it is wiring...

Was it the 2000 model year that had the harness strapped a bit too tight to the headstock?

Fishing/throwing out ideas here.