Re: [St] The Dreaded "No Start" Syndrome

My left-bar non-starting issue was an open-circuit earth return that
stopped the clutch switch (starter interlock) and horn button from
operating.  That in no way takes out the lights or dims them.  There was
another reported issue with ignition switch wiring that I have not
experienced.

HTH
Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> nate@xxxxxxxxxx 29/05/2008 14:12:06 >>>
So, I commuted to work on the bike yesterday and all was right with the

world.  When I went to leave work I use through the usual launch prep
and
when it came time to thumb the starter I got a slight click sound and
all
the electrics went out.  Frack.  So I reset the key to the start
position
and prayed that the bike gods wouldn't leave me stranded at work and
this
time when I hit the go button it fired like normal.

This morning, hoping to once again use the bike for its intended
purpose
I got ready to leave and unfortunately got nothing for my efforts.
Pushing the starter button shut the whole works down, seemingly for
good.
  No fire, no turnover, no nothing.  Resetting the key from off to
start
also had no effect for a long time and then finally it lit the dash
again.  However, it still refused to do so much as turnover.  :(

I've checked the connections at the battery and they are tight and
clean.
  Voltage at the battery is good (it's less than a year old) and
everything else is visually fine.  So I figure I'm probably yet another

victim of the shorted wire business that seems to afflict many members.

Can someone recommend any trouble shooting to try before I bring it to

the dealer and they liberate me from large sums of $$?

Thanks in advance,

Nate
00SprintRS