From: Nathan Maher <nate@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:12 pm
Subject: [St] The Dreaded "No Start" Syndrome

So, I commuted to work on the bike yesterday and all was right with the
world.  When I went to leave work I use through the usual launch prep and
when it came time to thumb the starter I got a slight click sound and all
the electrics went out.  Frack.  So I reset the key to the start position
and prayed that the bike gods wouldn't leave me stranded at work and this
time when I hit the go button it fired like normal.?
?

This morning, hoping to once again use the bike for its intended purpose
I got ready to leave and unfortunately got nothing for my efforts.
Pushing the starter button shut the whole works down, seemingly for good.
?No fire, no turnover, no nothing.  Resetting the key from off to start
also had no effect for a long time and then finally it lit the dash
again.  However, it still refused to do so much as turnover.  :(?
?

I've checked the connections at the battery and they are tight and clean.
?Voltage at the battery is good (it's less than a year old) and
everything else is visually fine.  So I figure I'm probably yet another
victim of the shorted wire business that seems to afflict many members.
Can someone recommend any trouble shooting to try before I bring it to
the dealer and they liberate me from large sums of $$??
?

Thanks in advance,?
?

Nate?