Re: [St] New Fuel

I found a valve head in the transmission of my 1973 Honda XL250. When the bike was moved it would make a rattling sound. The valve head was sitting on the gear clusters and when the gears meshed it would make the head bounce around.

----- Original Message ----- From: <dkamest110@xxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: [St] New Fuel

Ouch ! ! ! not pretty....but I've seen worse. Good luck

Don Kames
03 ST in ILL

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Harwood <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thu, 29 May 2008 7:40 am Subject: Re: [St] New Fuel

Since you asked....

http://www.broadcastcsl.co.uk/bikes/Index.htm

Tee hee.

dkamest110@xxxxxxx 29/05/2008 13:19:46 >>>
Good luck Chris. There's no easy way for the valve heads to get to the
oil sump. After they "bounce around" in the combustion chamber then it's
through the piston to get there. What did the cylinder head look like ?
This usually trashes them pretty good. Well have a fun filled rebuild.

Don Kames
03 ST in ILL