Re: [St] Need guidance on 12K service

Walt.... I'm stunned, so I don't know how to reply.  I had to have the 12K
interval service done twice in one year when living in DC, plus 3 sets of
tires  on MY 2000 ST.  How did you make it this far with only 12K????

Currently in PA, I live 1.2 miles from work, and I was able to get 2400
miles on my DR-Z this year.
My thought would be that if you do any thing your self, and don't make it
'very clear' to the service manager, they'll do it all again.  I'd hit the
normal stuff, like fliuds, plug gaps, chain lub/tension, tires, etc, but for
engine stuff, like valves, or forks, or throttle body, I'd let the dealer do
it (or a local mechanic as I do) just because I don't have the tools or the
know-how, event though I would like to.

--Joel