From: David Jonas <kahonas@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ST <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 4:56:53 PM
Subject: [St] Wax or oil?

I don't think this counts as an oil thread, since I'm asking about chains
here.  If it does, go ahead and ban me now.

I'm just wondering which chain lubrication you prefer and why.  I only ask
because I ran out of oil (my can spritzed it last sprat) yesterday just
before I was going to take a nice leisurely ride across the Chesapeake Bay
Bridge Tunnel.  I ran out to the local bike shop and decided to try out a
can of wax.  I like it!  It seems my chain is smoother and not as notchy
(not that it was bad before, it just feels like there's a smoother
engagement now than with the oil).

Am I in trouble?

David
'99 ST in the blackiest of all black colors, Jet Black
Chattanooga, TN (currently in Newport News, VA)