Re: [St] Spyder

I would say that a Spyder compares to a bike as a four-wheeler compares to a dirt bike as far as a ride comparison.  You can ride trails together, but the bike always has to wait up for the quad and can go many more places.  But it is hard to haul a deer out of the woods on a dirt bike.  Obviously, they are not the same, but not everyone wants to drag their knees and slide the rear tire when they go through the twisties.  I rode the dragon's tail with my dad and uncle this past May.  I was on my Sprint and they were on a Goldwing and an Ultra Classic.  I would say that the gap between our riding style that day would be comparable to the difference between riding a Spyder and a bike.  It just depends on what you want.

But as far as the wind in your face, acceleration from the stop light, and ability to maneuver through downtown traffic, the Spyder is definitely bike-esque.  Go ride one and see.

Derek Wilson
2000 ST