From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rupert Galea
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 11:00 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Hayabusa calipers - Used v. New?

Chris,
If you knew the mileage of the bike they came off you may feel more
confident about used calipers. Personally I would not be hesitant.

If you wanted to be sure of the condition you can pop out the pistons
and check the condition of the seals and for corrosion on the pistons.
You can buy both new pistons and new seals but most likely unless they
were high mileage they would be fine.

For a 2006 Hayabusa bikebandit.com have
Calipers $225 per
Piston Set $63 per
Seal Set $28 per

Looks like you can get a set of calipers from a Hayabusa off ebay for
about $130 (ones I looked at were 2005)
Rupert

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:45 PM, chris warren <cdub35@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> 1.  Thoughts from the group on buying used calipers vs. new?
> 2.  Anyone know the price difference (roughly)?
> 3.  Would you feel better having new calipers on your bike vs. someone
else's?
> 4.  If you bought used would you do anything to them to ensure that
they worked properly.

> I would be hesitant to buy used calipers but would like to know the
consensus here.

> Chris Warren
> '01 ST> From: ricksine@xxxxxxxxx> To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Sun, 16
Nov 2008 08:39:42 -0500> Subject: Re: [St] Hayabusa calipers> > 6 Piston
Tokico Front Brake 'Donor Bikes'> a.. ZX6R 98-02> b.. ZX6RR 02> c.. ZX7R
96-03> d.. ZRX 11 and 12 99-04> e.. ZX12R 00-03> f.. ZX9R 98-03> g..
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa all years 99-06 ('Busa 5/8" MC is also a >
direct replacement for Triumph stock 14 mm MC)>

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.