Re: [St] I can't decide...

John,
The RS does not sound like the right bike for the roads you describe.
It sounds like the only reason you are tempted is because it is
already there so will be less hassle.

As far as being two up I think an SV650 would be fine. It just depends
what your expectations are.
You could get a newer fuel injected SV without all the extras.

If you are going to go through the hassle of importing it you can pick
any bike. You could buy a bike and ride it here for a bit and get all
the kinks out and add any extras you want. Like Matt I would be
tempted by something that was better on the dirt. How about a
wee-strom or F650GS?

One thing you have not mentioned is parts availability.
Rupert