[St] Loosing Oil

After a spirited ride home a couple of days ago, I decided to check the sight glass and visualize the oil level.  It wound up being about half a quart low.  I have not seen any puddles and my bike is not smoking.  Any suggestions on where my oil might be going?  I have about 1000 miles left before the next oil change is due.

Also, does anyone have a magic trick for preventing the inside of your shield from fogging up?

Derek Wilson
2000 ST