Re: [St] Foggy Shield

At 01:06 PM 10/15/2008, you wrote:

I have a EXO-1000 Scorpion I bought in May. The anti-fog shield worked great to start with, but now that temps are cooling here in West Michigan, it does not seem to be working so well. I had a Foggy City insert on my old HJC that worked excellently as far not fogging, but was not as good at night because it blurred and duplicated all of the lights in my field of vision. Does the pinlock system clear at night? Also, I did not see a dealer in the United States.

Derek Wilson
2000 ST

Well a couple of things.
First what did you clean your scorpions shield with, since they tell you right on the wrap to only use soap and water, no harsh chemicals or you will damage the anti fog coating.

Second Pinlock works the charm, if you use the clear insert it stays clear all the time.

Third, In the USA the pinlock is sold through the helmet vendors that have adopted it, HJC, Shoei and couple of others. I don't know that there is a compatable insert with your scorpion available.
You may have to contact Pinlock in europe and see if you can get an insert that is close to the shape of your shield and a drilling kit.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"