Re: [St] New GPS

Try going east-west instead of North/South. It takes us 9 hours to get from Tomball to Midland, in West Texas. . . . I'm afraid when we decide to ride West, we trailer to at least Amarillo and ride from there. Who wants to do 500+ miles of slab in one day, usually in the heat? Been there, done that, and I like my A/C on the slab. . . . .

The best riding in Texas is in the Hill Country. We can be there in 4-5 hours. I think it takes about the same from Big D, although I will stand to be corrected. We hopefully will make it out there sometime early next year. Arkansas is also a land of road roller coasters for motorcycles. You can get there in a reasonable amount of time from where you are. It's not so reasonable for us. . . .

Let us know when you get settled down here!

Lisa

Jeremy Witt wrote:

It will be a change.  I checked the driving distance from Richardson to
Tomball.  Here, that 3.75 hours would be crossing 4 state lines, Southern NH
to Newark, NJ!  Damn, Texas is big!