Re: [St] CA Triumph in UK

Ok - what the heck is a "Tax Disk"???

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Chittum
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 8:08 AM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [St] CA Triumph in UK

Yes!!!!

Today, I took my Triumph to work for the first time since it arrived in
June! It was a crisp 4 C out, relatively dry. I had my new number plate and
tax disk installed. Now I just have to call my insurer with my registration
number. I can't contain my excitement at finally being out on the bike.

Now I just need to get my driver license taken care of. That'll be in
January.

Thanks again to everyone for the recommendations. Let me ask one more. To
you UK owners: where do you mount your tax disk holder? I put mine on one of
the Torx bolts that holds on the front wheel fender. I'd really prefer it
were somewhere not on the forks, but I was in a hurry last night in the
fading light, and that was the most obvious and easy place to put it with
minimal investigation, removal of bodywork, etc.

--
Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST