Re: [St] St Digest, Vol 42, Issue 2

The crank sensor on my '99 ST had the mounting bolts loosen up so the trigger on the crank would occasionally hit the sensor. The symptoms were that it would cut out every once in a while.  It never completely failed, but it would have eventually.  It's something to look at, but I'm not sure how easy it is to test.  I'd follow the other suggestions to get an OBD checker and see what codes are stored - I've lent mine out several times (and if you're in the Chicago area give me a shout).

Rob
'99 Sprint ST
'04 Thruxton