Re: [St] Electric vests

David Bardell wrote:
Russell,
Order with the BMW plug if the Triumph is the only bike, but I would
seriously consider a liner instead of a vest.  I had an Aerostich vest and
it was great, then realized all that ever got cold on me was my arms.
Bought a Warm n Safe liner and controller and sold the vest and I never
leave home without it.  Best money I spent on mc related accessories.

http://www.warmnsafe.com/

Tourmaster also makes a liner that got good reviews.

I'll second Dave's comments. Many people seem to think that all you have to heat is the core, but I've found that I'm MUCH more comfortable if my arms are warm as well. Another heated jacket liner recommendation is the Gerbings. Last time I checked they ran about $200US, so I don't know how that compares to the Warm-n-safe or other options.

The connector is the "BMW" style plug. Another good idea is a temp controller, as you'll be too hot or too cold without one...

Dan