[St] 1999 ST starting probs

Thanks,
For all your replies to my bikes problem.
It seems i may have to take it to a dealer.
I was trying to avoid this as the recent 12,000 mile service cost me sooo much money.
I'll have another look at it when i return from my holiday.
Mean while any ideas always welcome,esp if there is a code reader available!!
What ever the answer i'll post it on this site.
Thanks
John