[St] "Stebel it!"

Stebel, from the spanish verb meaning "to Stebel", as in to use a Stebel product on something in particular, like, say for instance, a deer...

I just gotta share this... Earlier this summer I finally got around to mounting the Stebel Compact Nautilus airhorn I bought two years ago on my RS. What a hoot that thing is, at 130+db. It will wake the dead, I tell you. ( Thanks, Emil, BTW, your picture posts were very helpful). Well, first ride out with it and I just gotta show it off to the guys. We are in the parking lot of our lunch stop, and one of them asks about it. About 70-100 feet away is a rather large woman stuffed into the side of her car, kinda like the lawn decorations you occasionally see where you just see the dress, butt, legs and bloomers. Anyway, she is standing on the side of her car with her face inside looking for something. Tempting as it was, the gentleman in me won out and I waited until she came out of the car so as not to cause her to bang her head on the ceiling. But I didnt feel the need to make an anouncement... I lay on the horn to display to my friends, every one of
 them puts their hands over their ears and says " Holy shit, dude!". This poor woman drops whatever she had in her hands, and then yelled at me. I felt bad and apologised.

Then I am on a ride deep into West Virginia, we are headed home on rt 16 (a GREAT road, if you havent ridden it...). It's late in the afternoon, a buddy of mine is leading and I am riding #2. A small deer jumps out of the woods and stops dead on the edge of the road. He has that "deer in the headlights" expression as he eyes my buddies' VFR and no doubt hears the gear driven cams and race pipe. My buddy clamps his brakes and glides past. Now the deer is my problem. I instinctly squeeze the clutch ( along with the brake), and blip the throttle. Both my bikes have cans on them, but my Superhawk produces a much more God-fearing type of sound than my RS, and I have been dispatching deer this way for many years with that bike. Well, I blip the throttle on my RS, and the deer turns his head and just looks at me. At that point I remember, this is one of those moments I have been waiting for, to test my Stebel. I lay one this bad boy, and the deer about jumps
 out of its skin. This damn thing jumped strait up in the air for what looked like 10 feet, and I could swear I could see the whites of its eyes. I mean, its movement and expression looked like something out of a Marmaduke cartoon. It spins around about 180 degrees in this strait up and down jump, and then bolts back into the woods. I started to laugh so hard I almost had to stop the bike... It is equally effective on half asleep cage drivers. Nobody expects a little vehicle to sound like an 18 wheeler. This is a funny story I wanted to share, but seriously, I can highly recommned this product to anyone that wants to be a little more noticed. Thge only caveat is be careful how and when you deploy it, you could actually startle someone into causing an accident that otherwise would not have happened. Same goes for the deer. In the case of an unpredictable animal ( yeah, I know, cage drivers oftn fall into that catagory too... ), make sure you have an exit
 route, or are positioned in such a way to take evasive action.

Damn, I wish there was room under the fairing of my Superhawk for one of these...

Just Stebel it !

John