From: Matt Knowles <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 2:27 pm
Subject: Re: [St] "Stebel it!"

On Sep 8, 2008, at 5:09 PM, BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx wrote:?
?

> That and the fact that I seem to be going through a string of > incidents of?

> nearly getting run over by idiots even though I'm in the lane right > beside them.?

>?
?

I had a nice one tonight coming home from school. A guy in a minivan was tailgating me on a narrow country lane with no shoulders only about a car length or less of space while we're doing about 45mph. I flash my brake lights at him and he backed off a bit, but then immediately closed the space again.?
?

So I start slowing down hoping he'll just go around me. About that time I start coming up on another minivan and she starts signaling for a left turn. I wasn't even sure where she was planning to turn, but she was probably used to people not expecting a turn right there and gave plenty of warning.?
?

Hopefully by now you can see where we're headed with this. I certainly saw it coming.?
?

Yep, Mr. Ants in his Pants lead foots it and blasts past me. I hit the brakes because I see it coming and don't want to be near it when it happens.  He's so focused on getting around me that he doesn't even notice that the minivan in front has now started crossing into her driveway. He slams on his brakes, gets the van sideways, and scrubs enough speed off that he only clips the back of the other minivan at about 5 mph.?
?

Fortunately no one was hurt and the young kid admitted his fault in front of both of us.?
?

?

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles?

?'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)?

?'01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads?

?'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt?

?'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned?
?

Send list posts to ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx?

Change your list options at www.Triumphnet.com?