  From: John Ulizzi<mailto:jaulizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 3:40 PM
  Subject: [St] Stupid question

  Two actually. Last Wednesday evening I returned from a ride, parked the bike and left the key in the park postion. Of course I didnt know this until Saturday morning. Battery was of course dead as a doornail. I put a 6 amp charger on it for a bit, tried to start it. No dice. Left the cahrger on for a while, then switched to a Battery Tender which I left on overnight. On Sunday she showed a full charge, and started. The bike seems to run fine.

  Have I done significant but latent damage to the battery, or will it recover well from this?

  Now of course the engine light is on. Three heat cycles and it will go away?

  What to go for a ride tomorrow, wanna make sure she wont strand me somewhere...

  Thanks,

  John