Re: [St] Road debris

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 10:26:59AM -0400, David Jonas wrote:
> What's the worst piece of road debris you've ever hit?

Luckily both serious incidents were in the car -

A sheet of thin steel about 4ft square in the fast lane of the M1 motorway,
the car in front went over it so it flipped up and I hit it flat on. It
did a lot of damage to the front of the car. I thank the lord I didn't hit
it edge-ways on, it could have come through the windscreen and took my
head off!

A large articulated lorry shed one of its mudguards/fenders, a big thing
maybe 4ft across. I hit it at about 70 in an old Jaguar Series 3 and it
just bounced off with nothing but a big dent. Scary though

The messiest I've seen was a friend following a car on his Z650, the car
went over a cat, miraculously the cat went between the wheels and apparently
survived just long enough to stand up just before the following Z hit it.
It made a hell of a mess of the front of the Z's engine. Yuck!!!

--
Ian Newham
mailto:ian@xxxxxxxxxxxx