Re: [St] Road debris

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Louis Jiannine <LouJ9@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I make a point not to ride behind vehicles carrying dangerous cargo.

I'll one-up you on that.  I make a point not to follow anyone, if I can help
it.  Interstate, if I can help it, I'll make my own pack and stay away from
everyone else's.  I don't understand the mentality that everyone needs to
bundle up.  I guess humans are, after all, pack animals.

> Also, when you smell tire rubber while riding the bike, back off as a
> retread may soon be coming your way.  I have backed off due to rubber smell
> and then seen tires come apart soon thereafter.

I've only been witness to one retread separation.  I was in my RX-7 with
both windows down and the sunroof open, so I got every bit of sound pressure
when that tire decided to expire next to me.  I'm glad there was no one to
my left, because my fight-or-flight kicked in.  Looking back, I learned a
valuable lesson there about really considering and anticipating every worst
case scenario when driving.

David