Re: [St] Road debris

The roads would be much safer if there were more bikers.

>>> LouJ9@xxxxxxxxxx 12/09/2008 12:48:36 >>>
I make a point not to ride behind vehicles carrying dangerous cargo.
On the
interstate I wait until someone passes them and I get right behind the
passer who serves as protection.  Many, many highway accidents and
injuries
are caused by items coming off of vehicles.

I saw a pick-up in front of me with a chest of drawers not secured.  I
backed off and within minutes it tumbled out of the back of the pick-up
bed
and on to the highway.  Also, when you smell tire rubber while riding
the
bike, back off as a retread may soon be coming your way.  I have backed
off
due to rubber smell and then seen tires come apart soon thereafter.

Lou