Re: [St] Headlamp low beam question

The wiring is such that some faults cause permanent main beam (or
nothing, according to switch position) when both relays are fitted.  I
had the same problem when the ground return burnt off one bulb-holder.
On-coming traffic was not well-pleased - they are bright lights!

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> kctex99@xxxxxxxxx 19/09/2008 02:36:11 >>>
My 01 uses both headlights all the time. Both low, both high (when
switched).
Interestingly enough, 2 months ago I lost one of the low beams. Being
cheap I kept riding around on one low beam. The high still worked.
Riding around one day down a rough road, took a hard jolt, looked at
the dash and the high beams were on. Cut the switch to low beams, but it
already was! I had lost "the other" low beam and high beams were all
that was left. Seems the bike "knows" and defaulted to the highs.
I replaced them both ( H4 ) and they work correctly again.
I'm in US but I've read that the european models are one low, both
high. There is a relay someplace under there that can be changed to the
US version.
Or one of your low's is out.