Re: [St] Headlamp low beam question

Jered, I'm going to assume that you're from Great Britain... (behavior spelled with a "u")

In that case, yes, your bike was set up correctly. Most countries don't seem to have the same regulation about lights, though, so its easy to change your bike to use both low beams. All you need is another headlight relay. Others who have done this mod can give you more info, as I'm not totally certain on location, etc. as I've never had to do it to my bike.

As to someone's comment about failing MOT, I don't know the answer, but you could just try it, and if they fail you just remove the relay before you retest...

Dan

Jered Floyd wrote:

Here's an embarrassingly simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer.

I have an '01 ST. With the low beams, only one headlamp is illuminated; with the high beams, both are. Is this normal? (I've seen both one- and two-headlamp low beam behaviour on different bikes.)

Thanks,
--Jered