[St] new Daytona

Hi All,

has anyone heard anything about a new Daytona 10something recently?

I've tried twice to sell my Daytona to buy a 1050 ST and each time changed
my mind at the last minute.

As much as the 1050 motor impresses me, I still love the top end rush the
955 Daytona has, and the sound of the Daytona with the Triumph race pipe at
full tilt is awesome.

The difference between the motor in the 2006 955 ST and the 955 Daytona is
quite something, at higher RPM the Daytona mtor puts out 149hp with the same
torque. Makes for a motor with a huge bang at the top end of the rev range.
In second it hoists the fron wheel at 8 000 rpm with ease.

My daytona might be like a bucket of loose bolts at idle compared to the ST,
but its a sweet handler and has a big top end. I've seen 260odd kms per hour
on the speedo, and it got there with ease.

I'm hoping Trumpet will fill their gap in the current range by making a more
spory version of the ST or a new big bore Daytona.

cheers

Marc, Cape Town
07 KLR 650, aka 'Stof Donkie'