Re: [St] Headlamp low beam question

My recollection was that it needed two relays.  One for dip and one for
main beam.
Mine had them fitted already when I bought it in 2002.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

Chris Harwood
**************************
Broadcast Computer Systems Ltd
PROVIDING CUSTOM SOLUTIONS
**************************
T: (+44) 020 8559 0001
W: www.BroadcastCSL.co.uk
Registered in England, Company No. 2609183. Registered Office: 174
Forest Edge, Buckhurst Hill, Essex IG9 5AE
>>> daytona955.marc@xxxxxxxxx 09/24/08 07:27 AM >>>
My RS came wired for the EU, and I simply fitted another relay to get
both
lights working at the same time.

You need to fit the right relay though.

I first tried a stock relay i bought from an auto shop, and it blew
fuses.

The much more expensive one from Triumph worked fine.

On my Daytona both lights work at the same time.

Look in the manual for the relay locations, and you will see an empty
slot.

I reccomend changing the bulbs for high efficiency bulbs and fitting the
relay. Cage pilots need to see you coming.

cheers

Marc

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Bill Turrell
<billturrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> My '09 Sprint has both headlights on for low beam, and for also for
high
> beam. But I am sure this is a modification on the original. When the
Sprint
> was new it would have had it like yours, one of the lamps for low beam
and
> one for high. This is perectly OK, as far as I know, and will pass its
MoT.
> Many BMWs, and other makes, have this feature if you look out for them
on
> the road.
>
> I think owners in the past thought the headlights on the Sprint were
so
> weak they made the modification so that both headlamps shone on low
beam,
> and high beam. I think if you search the various triumph bulletin
boards you
> will find much on the subject. I also think mine has HID bulbs fitted,
which
> are much brighter. I think to do this you need to alter the relays
somehow.

> Bill (scotland)

(behavior