Re: [St] UK Reg, MSVA, and Maximum Road Speed

Hah !  Thats funny, largely because its so true, especially in the case of a 250 with optomistic speedo.

And true, that would be theorectical, but , if you lok at my last post, not too far out of the ball park for an RS...

--- On Fri, 9/26/08, Matt Knowles <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Matt Knowles <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [St] UK Reg, MSVA, and Maximum Road Speed
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, 12:16 PM

Not all vehicles have enough horsepower to redline in top gear though
so that doesn't necessarily work.

Otherwise you'd be able to set land speed records on a 250 just by
gearing it higher.

On Sep 26, 2008, at 8:54 AM, John Ulizzi wrote:

> And the other thing you could do is get an accurate ( like from a
> GPS) speed reading in top gear at half of redline ( 4750rpm, I
> believe), and just double it...

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/
motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned