Re: [St] UK Reg, MSVA, and Maximum Road Speed

In the mid 90's I lived in the UK (Cranleigh, Surrey for our UK cousins on
the list) and rode to The Bol Dor at Paul Ricard in France on a Suzuki GSX600F.
At this time of year there is an amnesty for bikes in the southern area of
France, which makes for an interesting spectacle on the motorways.
My little GSX was flat out at an indicated 130mph. That was with the throttle
at the stop and my chin on the tank. With taller gearing it probably would
have gone faster. I was expecting to wear a piston in the chin as the little
mill was screaming its head off.

It was the year Honda brought out the Blackbird and I was fortunate (?) to
see, very briefly, the six journo's from Moto Revue aboard their factory
supplied bikes. When they overtook me I had to check that I was actually still
moving!

A few things that are worth noting - fuel does not last long when running an
engine at full throttle. Everything wears out a lot quicker. My chain and
sprockets just made it home. At 130mph I was to slow for just about everything.

Brett.