From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
john.alexander40@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 9:23 AM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [St] 1999 ST the continuing story..........

A few months ago a wrote a couple of lines about the troubles with my
ST.
Well it seems to have now been resolved (fingers crossed) The problem
started out a non starting bike.All the lights worked,spark at all plugs
(changed them away)side,clucth,and kill switch all ok.
I had very recently put a new battery on it,and had covered about 1,000
trouble free miles.I also changed this battery for another,but still no
go.
Checked the fuel pump relay,and the fuel line pressured up ok.Even took
one injector out to check the spray.Also sprayed in easy start into the
inlet.Still nothing.
Swopped the fuel relay for the ECU main feed.Still no go.
In the end i borrowed a snap-on scanner.This showed up all the parts i
had been disconnecting.Including the correct Triumph fault codes,and
description.
So i connected a very large leisure battery,with the standerd battery as
well,and kept turning it over eventually with the throttle open it
started and run as normal!!
Had a 150 mile run on it yesterday.So far no probs.
Hope this will help anyone who is having trouble.