Re: [St] Speed

I wanted to see what my bike would do shortly after I bought it last year and wound it out on a 3 mile straight stretch of country road.  Looking back it was not the brightest of ideas as a squirrel in my path would have caused my demise, but I did see 160 on the clock.  It seemed like it took an eternity to get there and was not climbing after that point.  My Sprint was also completely stock at that time.  The fastest I had been previously was 155, but that was on an '01 Hayabusa and it was still rapidly gaining speed when I wimped out and let off the throttle.

As far as a comfortable cruising speed, I feel that the Sprint ST (99-04) is at its best at 92 MPH on the interstate.

Derek Wilson
2000 ST