|Sprint ST Accessories
|Sigma BC 800 Bike Computer|
The Sigma BC800 is a digital cycle computer that can be easily added to your ST you give a much more accurate reading of how fast you are actually going.
Functions of the 800 are:
* Accurate Speed up to 300kmh / 183 mph (tested accurate to within 1mph at 150 mph)
* Trip Distance
* Average Speed
* Stopwatch with automatic start / stop
* Max speed since last reset
* Total distance (up to 99999 miles/km)
* 12H/24H clock
(additional suggestions from Paul Wisner below)
Required parts / pieces / etc
(from Paul Wisner)
I mounted a BC1200 on my ST over the weekend and discovered that is was simpler to do than indicated.
1) The standard magnet supplied with the BC800/1200 is fine and will work on the ST. I have included pictures of the installation which makes it easy to see. I experimented on the bench with magnet orientation to the switch and found that it is not sensitive to orientation (just distance). Seems to work better if the magnet is passed closer to the tip of the receiver switch (away from the wire end).
2) Small plastic ties are all that is necessary to mount. Epoxy wasn't needed on mine. The small groove of the magnet should be placed on the edge of the carrier to get is closer to the pickup. Mine as shown in the picture is 4mm clearance.
3) The standard length pickup wire was too short to go from right caliper to left handle bar. I used the longer "rear wheel" version so that I didn't have to cut and splice any wires.