Re: NO! Don't tell me we ....

> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 23:35:05 -0500
> From: westcott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: NO!  Don't tell me we are defending Triumph by comparing them toHarleys!
>
> Eric:  Give up on this guy.  Anyone who complains about having to wait a few
> months for hard luggage on a brand new bike and calls Ducati "World Class",
> deserves to go buy a Ducati so he can brag about how great it handles when
> his (pick one:  clutch fries, electrics catch on fire, engine requires
> overhaul at 6,000)  leaving him stranded.

Humm, I hope the threads on this list don't start bitching about other
bikes.  What I expect to read here are comments about the bikes and the
rides people enjoyed on them. I've seen lots of bitching on the
Ducati (yes, I'm a former Duc owner and was very happy with my 900CR,
not a problem after 12K miles until somebody took it away without my
permission and if the ST4 had been the same price of the Sprint,
well who knows) and grows quite tiresome.  I expect the Sprint ST list
to grow fairly large and don't want to go thru the same experience as
of the Ducati list were 80% of the messages were pure noise.

Right now, Triumph is not being very helpful as the bike is going thru
its growing pains.  The problem is, when you make a purchase of any
goods , you EXPECT to get what you pay for at the moment you pay for it.
Not the day/week/month(s) after.  If I'd known that my performance
exhaust
would not be in yet (I've bought my bike in Feb) I might have not
purchased the exhaust and waited for the Black Widow one.  People made
plans
with reasonable assumptions but they have to modify them because of the
poor delivery schedule.  I don't mind been told that something is going
be late but I don't want to be lied to about the real delivery date.
I prefer to be told that they don't know when it'll be in than being
told everytime it's expected to be in that I'll have to wait some more.

nuff said, anyway so far I find this list much better than the Ducati
one
I just want it to stay that way :)

On a different note, I'm still breaking in the bike (snow is finally
gone) and I already find the wind protection fairly good. Went
to work today and flurries were coming down but I didn't feel the
cold wind much (I wasn't going 100MPH either ...) and I was just
wearing a regular leather jacket and jeans.  What I noticed was there's
a lot of heat coming from the engine, while appreciated, I wonder
what I'll think about it in the summer :(

BTW, is the sport exhaust shorter than the stock ?

can't wait to let it rip :)

bye,
- --
Robert-Andre Croteau	BSD,MOTU		robert@xxxxxxx
Services Conseils Informatiques MOTU Inc. 	robert@xxxxxxx
(514) 465-3057					rcroteau@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.motu.ca/                             http://www.bb4.com
	Si le bonheur ne s'achete pas alors louez le.