Re: Melted fairing

Jonathan Schulster wrote:

> I was wondering the same thing - my first one melted when the heat insulation (the 'thin' foil type, rather than the thicker 'quilt' type) touched the exhaust (joints).

Apparently the gap between the exhaust and the fairing varies from
bike to bike.  This could be caused by either the exhaust fitting
slightly lower or fairing slightly higher or a combination of the two.
I checked mine and it looks like it has enough space to prevent the
fairing from getting hot from the pipe.

Regards,
Gary