Re: tall windshield, handlebar risers

At 12:46 PM 07/21/1999 -0500, David Arnett wrote:
 >Has anyone out there found a good taller windshield out there?  I saw one in
 >the web page for $179, yet see other venders offer windshields for around
 >$40 - $80.   I can afford the $179 but I hate getting ripped off, especially
 >if there is an equivalent out there that someone is not so proud of.

I am not aware of another one on the market yet. I know there are a couple
in the works ....

I would assume that you will see a Corbin / Rifle model on the market
fairly soon. I looked at the rifle for my old sprint and thought it looked
terrible (very unflattering to the stock lines). I ended up with a screen
that Lilleys was offering (I think made by powerbronze.)

As for the Triumph, I got mine from Lilley's as well. It does a great job
keeping the bugs off the visor (a problem around the waterways here in the
spring) and does a really good job of deflecting the wind. I am pulling
mine right now for the summer months so that I can enjoy the increased
airflow of the stock screen, but I am planning on putting the taller screen
back on later in the fall for fall / winter riding. I find the styling
compliments the lines nicely (although I know not everyone agrees with that).

 > I also
 >wonder if anyone has any comments or suggestions regarding taller
 >windshields and those handlebar riser blocks.

I like the height that the genmars give me. It doesn't seem like much, but
enough to make a difference for me.

- - Eric