Re: Gas tank vacuum

At 03:08 AM 06/28/1999 -0400, TrmpetDave@xxxxxxx wrote:
>When I open the filler cap, there is a very loud sucking sound, as air
rushes
>into the tank. The less fuel there is in the tank, the stronger the vacuum
>becomes-it is not evident when the tank is full. The first time this
happened

Dave - it sure sounds like you have a blocked line. There are two lines off
the tank - one is a drain line for overfilled tanks and the second is the
vent line to the tank. Some of the vent lines have been pinched somewhere
along their route, so I would pull the line free and reroute it to make
sure. Also, some vent lines had a rollover valve installed upside down
which would cause the same problem. With the filler cap open, you should be
able to blow through the hose from the bottom. If you can't - then one of
the two items above is your problem.

- - Eric