new to the list..

HI my real name is bob, I live in Perth Western Australia and picked up my
ST yesterday :)
I got the black one and had the stainless sports pipe fitted from new. I
have only covered 250km (around 150 miles) but have had no problems with
the bike so far at all.
I sometimes fell it is idleing a little low 1,000 rpm exactly, is this the
correct ?
I am 6.3 and find the bike a really comfortable size, I think Ill adjust
the gear shift down a fraction but the rear brake seems to be in the right
place for me. One thing I would like to know is...has anyone disconected
the park lights on the ignition switch? I find it irritating that I can
accidently turn the key to far and have the parkers on and come back to a
flat battery.. it hasnt happend yet but I dont want it to either, I dont
see myself using parkers for any reason,if I was worried id rather just use
the emergancy flashers,at least they are a more deliberate thing to
operate. I havent played witrh the suspention settings yet, as I dont
really know what Im doing with them..Im 105 kilo's ( dont know the pounds
for that ) and wonder if anyone has any suggestions as a good allround
setup for my weight, if I sit down hard on the seat the rear seems to drop
more than the front and it springs back up rather quickly, should I try to
get the front and rear to drop the same amount when I drop my weight on the
seat ? and if so what is a good starting point to start adjusting things ?
thanx in advance for any suggestions.