Tankbag & Buzzing

Just got my ST back from the first service. While I haven't received my
hard bags or cans I did get the tankbag. Excuse if people have posted
about this before, but I really like the thing. Tons of zippers and
pockets, all seams are taped, super heavy-duty stitching and zippers,
and a cool reflective Triumph logo on one side. Only complaint is they
could have made the expansion capacity a bit bigger. It's got hard sides
so you can kinda lean on it around town and take a bit of the weight off
your hands and wrists.

One thing to note, this is a braket setup so you need a torque spit
wrench to remove the two rear tank mounting bolts to install. My dealer
thoughtfully forgot to install the thing (I had installation of all
accessories included in my purchase price as I didn't want any hassle)
and I didn't have the torque spit. I'm going to buy the thing and charge
it back to the dealer. Does anyone have the specs for the size of those
two bolts? I was able to install it by looping through the frame but the
clearance was very tight and it took a while.....

Oh yeah, if you want a laugh, the dealer's excuse for not thinking about
installing the bag was that he thought it was a magnetic job. Magnetic
bag, plastic tank? Know your product buddy?

The buzzing noise is apparently the expansion valve on the fuel vent
line. Dealer has said they corrected. I rode it last night after it
sitting out and it was pretty cold. Buzzing only lasted about 3-5
minutes, a big improvement. This morning it only lasted 30 seconds :)

The parts lady at my dealer said the accesories for the US are in in NC
and are being shipped out within the next two or three days. All
backorders should be filled by three weeks at the latest. I don't know
if any bikes are included in the shipment, however....
- --
Brian Wolfe

'99 Triumph Sprint ST (The Dark Side)