Re: Greetings! - First Post

At 0:29 25/5/99, Paul Wilson wrote:

>    I've got just a few questions that I would appreciate some feedback
>on, before I make the leap:
>
>    I'm 6' 2" and 185 lb. and I had a couple of ergonomic complaints with the
>ST.  First, I kept sliding forward on the seat so that my knees kept banging
>the fairing lowers.  I noticed the seat had a downward slope to it and that
>the step for the pillion portion prevented me from sitting further back.  Any
>comments on aftermarket seats, such as Corbin or Sargent?  In all honesty, I
>wouldn't buy the bike until I had this seat business sorted out.

I'm 6'2 also and sometimes find my knees contacting the fairing. If you
shift your butt back just a little and adjust the position of your feet on
the pegs your knees will be clear.

The seat is really comfortable. I've done 600kms in a day and the seat
stayed comfortable all day. I don't know that an aftermarket seat would be
that good.

>    Second ergonomic complaint was the handlebars, which appeared to me to
>have zero adjustability.  Is that the case?  I found them to be a little flat
>for my liking, so that my wrists were not at the most comfortable angle.  No
>problem with the reach - I have long arms - just the bar angle.  I prefer to
>have them more swept back, like clip-ons.  Any comments or recommendations?

Initially, my wrists felt uncomfortable too. But now I have no discomfort.
Until I read your message I'd even forgotten ever having wrist discomfort.

>    Other than this, the ST has to be one of the sweetest rides going.

Yeah!

Ride long and prosper,
Lorin